How to make her stop Attacking? What to do with her?

terrilhb

Crowing
11 Years
Dec 11, 2010
Georgia
I have 1 hen in with 1 other hen and 1 rooster. She is evil. She has just about ripped all the roo's tail feather's out. And started on the other hen. During the day I take her out and put her with the 2 hens I have in the goat pen. My older hen tolerates nothing from her. Puts her in her place. But the other takes it from her. I was going to keep her in there but she goes through or over the fence at dark back to her coop. We have 2 other coops but the older girls let her do this to them too. The younger hens coop only one puts her in her place. I don't know how to stop her. My poor rooster looks terrible. At 1st I thought it was mites or lice. But only him and the other hen are losing their feathers. I have watched her do this. Is there any hope to stopping her? If not she will be dinner. Here she is.
73626_anyone_home_005.jpg

Last edited:
Very pretty soup hen. There's no cure for being just plain awful, and aggression can be hereditary. I had a mean bantam hen that attacked roosters regularly, and even killed snakes. She wasn't even game! She was an excellent mother (with eggs from sweet hens, never her own) until she decided to stare down a hawk. She stood her ground and got carried away into the horizon.

Back
Top Bottom