How To Make Success As A Horse Trainer

I'm going to pretend I'm a potential client. I visit your website and this is my conclusion: You need to have more information on your website. It says "4 different services" but doesn't go into detail what exactly those services are. What training are you offering? What training do you have? Do you still train with someone? What level are the horses you have trained at now? As a client, I'm going to want to see what results you've had in the past before I dive in and send you a horse. I wouldn't worry about your age at all, you will find bias throughout the horse world for many different reasons. Your best bet is just to do your thing and keep your chin up! Good luck to you and I wish you much success!
I agree, I just checked out the website and it shows a pole bending horse, so it's a safe assumption that they train in games, but doesn't show anything else hinting at what they train in.

Also, I personally would take babies in and do ground work, etc, rather than having the 3 year old limit. Maybe put the under saddle stuff at 3+ years old, but, 3 years is a long time to deal with a horse that has no ground manners if you don't know how to train your horse.

I'm going to pretend I'm a potential client. I visit your website and this is my conclusion: You need to have more information on your website. It says "4 different services" but doesn't go into detail what exactly those services are. What training are you offering? What training do you have? Do you still train with someone? What level are the horses you have trained at now? As a client, I'm going to want to see what results you've had in the past before I dive in and send you a horse. I wouldn't worry about your age at all, you will find bias throughout the horse world for many different reasons. Your best bet is just to do your thing and keep your chin up! Good luck to you and I wish you much success!
It does actually. It says info on each of my services and prices on the training page and more info on the client page. I think you missed some pages.

I agree, I just checked out the website and it shows a pole bending horse, so it's a safe assumption that they train in games, but doesn't show anything else hinting at what they train in.

Also, I personally would take babies in and do ground work, etc, rather than having the 3 year old limit. Maybe put the under saddle stuff at 3+ years old, but, 3 years is a long time to deal with a horse that has no ground manners if you don't know how to train your horse.
Ok... well, it does have training information. Look at ALL the pages.

When we were in Chicago and I had my art Business. I gave people who referred others to me a discount or a free item. Your a business starting from the ground up is hard. Show videos on training on your website post to you tube. Remember it takes a lifetime to build a great business and only seconds to destroy it.

Okay, so I'm going through some of your pages and have suggestions. You say you offer bridleless training, but you don't have any pictures of you riding without a bridle, so might be good to add some.

Is that your picture with the grey horse? The two horses are beautiful. You and your fried look great also. I think offering an incentive, like a winter special.

When we were in Chicago and I had my art Business. I gave people who referred others to me a discount or a free item. Your a business starting from the ground up is hard. Show videos on training on your website post to you tube. Remember it takes a lifetime to build a great business and only seconds to destroy it.
I do say on my website that there are training videos available. I have a bunch of competitive riding videos too, but I don't know how much that would effect.

Okay, so I'm going through some of your pages and have suggestions. You say you offer bridleless training, but you don't have any pictures of you riding without a bridle, so might be good to add some.
I have one picture of a bridleless horse. I never have anyone to take pictures of me (it sucks) which is why I have so few. Perhaps my boyfriend will come with me this week and we can do it then.

Is that your picture with the grey horse? The two horses are beautiful. You and your fried look great also. I think offering an incentive, like a winter special.
Thank you. That's my stepsister.
I do have it where if I'm not satisfied at the end of the 30 days, I offer a free week for extra training.

People use the internet like CRAZY Style. I keep my phone handy when we go buy an expensive item so right there in the store I can read reviews. If you had video of you training a horse on your website and I saw your ability and how you handled a horse, I would be more apt to hire you then simply by word of mouth.

Back
Top Bottom