How to Move a Giant Chicken Coop!

3KillerBs

Crossing the Road
11 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
It shouldn't be too difficult to remove and replace a section of fence.

Shed movers ought to be able to move a solidly-built chicken coop. Be sure to get quotes from several companies because rates for moving the sheds can vary wildly.

As a matter of 20/20 hindsight, this is one of the reasons my DH builds everything with screws and bolts rather than nails. :(

MVchickens

Songster
10 Years
Dec 8, 2010
Martha's Vineyard MA
I have moved my coop three times now... It is no fun! I was able to lift mine with a bobcat and flatbed trailer (4'x8' coop with 8'x12' attached run). I had to remove and replace fences to make it into/out of the last place, but that was the easiest route. If you cannot access with a machine, I would suggest rolling with PVC pipes or wood fence poles. Attaching some skids would make things easier either way. If you cannot find a shed company, a landscape company should be able to help.

HorsesRMe123

Songster
Aug 1, 2020
Washington, USA
It shouldn't be too difficult to remove and replace a section of fence.

Shed movers ought to be able to move a solidly-built chicken coop. Be sure to get quotes from several companies because rates for moving the sheds can vary wildly.

As a matter of 20/20 hindsight, this is one of the reasons my DH builds everything with screws and bolts rather than nails. :(
Yeah we’ll definitely be sure to look around our area for pricing!

HorsesRMe123

Songster
Aug 1, 2020
Washington, USA
I have moved my coop three times now... It is no fun! I was able to lift mine with a bobcat and flatbed trailer (4'x8' coop with 8'x12' attached run). I had to remove and replace fences to make it into/out of the last place, but that was the easiest route. If you cannot access with a machine, I would suggest rolling with PVC pipes or wood fence poles. Attaching some skids would make things easier either way. If you cannot find a shed company, a landscape company should be able to help.
3 times? Wow!! It would be so much easier if we did have something like a bobcat to transport it but we’re probably going to have to end up rolling or using skids like you suggested. I’ll keep that in mind if we can’t get a shed company too though.

Top Bottom