How To Peel Eggs

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by marymac, Sep 29, 2008.

1. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    I just learned this, and maybe it's not new, but I thought I'd pass it along to anyone who didn't know about it.

2. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    That is TOO cool!!! Thanks for sharing!!! [​IMG]

3. LJ3is4me

LJ3is4me Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2008
    That's great can't wait to try it ..Thanks [​IMG]

4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    A friend at work about burst a vein in her forehead trying this method. Didn't work. Someone here said the key is lots of salt.

5. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    Well I finally tried it myself. I boiled 4 eggs and only 1 came out real easy, the other ones i too blew my brains out,lol. Needless to say i 'm not impressed .

6. Possumpoint

Possumpoint Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    [​IMG] Yard eggs (as my granny called them) are harder to peel than store bought eggs. She taught me to peel them while still hot under warm running water to help the shells come off easier. I don't always get a perfectly peeled yard egg, but works better for me than any other way I've ever tried.

To be honest though, the only time I really care what the boiled egg looks like after peeling is when I'm doing deviled eggs.

7. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Make sure they are HARD boiled. That makes a huge difference. Rinse until cool under cold water.

Hit the bottom of the egg to the counter. This is where the air sac is (that flat part on a hard boiled egg). It should break perfectly right there. The peeling should be a cinch.

For me, it works EVERY time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by