How to reintegrate a coturnix to her breeding triad?

Boppo

Crossing the Road
Feb 13, 2022
Eastern Massachusetts
I had to remove a female coturnix who had been injured by a predator and bring her inside. She was shocky and I feared she would die if I left her outside in the pen. She seems much better now and I would like to return her to the breeding triad, but worry that they might attack her. She has only been gone for a bit less than 3 days.

I agree with @Nabiki , remove all the birds, rearrange their enclosure or move them all to a different enclosure....preferable when it's dark, that way when morning comes they will all be in a new environment, and begin a 'new' pecking order....or at least that is what we want to happen but sometimes it doesn't, so be prepared to seperate them again if any show aggression.

I've done this many times, mainly with pheasants but also with quail. All my quail are seasonal breeders so it's a little easier to join seperate birds to different pens this time of year. I never had to seperate my Cot's when I raised them, so don't know if this method works with Cot's or not?....probably will.

Back
Top Bottom