How to ship a Serama in 6 easy steps

Quote:
You can actually tape up to 4 of the single boxes together. I wouldn't put more than 2 adult silkies in one box, but you could put all the 1-month-olds in one and the 2-month-olds in another. For safety reasons, I wouldn't put the little guys in with the adults.
The omni nest boxes do have 8 compartments but they are designed for pigeons and wouldn't be big enough for an adult bantam. Though if the birds are all going to the same place, you could use one of the swan nest boxes for all of them. They can be divided into 1, 2, 3, or 4 compartments. I haven't been able to find any place that sells just one of those though, except for http://poultry2.tripod.com/id3.html if they aren't sold out. But honestly, it's probably still cheaper on your buyer for you to use 3-4 of the singles taped together.

well, i just re-found this thread... thanks for all the helpful info. one question tho. what about fed-ex? i hear people mention shipping that way, but never any details. will they ship poultry?

i've got a friend that works for fedex overnight division but she's never heard anything about shipping birds either, but is willing to let me use her employee rates, if we find it's permissible.

Thank you for all of the information on shipping. It was kind of you to take the time to type it up for us newbies; I have been skimming the backyard chicken pages (as well as la basse cour's pages) for awhile just to learn. I have a question as I am in southern Quebec, Canada. Do/Can people ship across the US/Canada border? How easy is it? What other concerns are there?
I would love to adopt more birds and most of the people with birds are south of here. I asked at our border crossing as they urged me not to drive them over....
Any information you, or everyone else, has would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Do you have to have the shipping filters on the box when shipping chickens?
hmm.png

I don't see that anyone answered this question. I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if you need air filters when shipping day old chicks? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom