How to ---> SILENCE<-- a ROOSTER in 3 days or less!

WoW!!! So glad this worked for you! It's my girls that are noisey, or, at least 2-3of them.

So day 7-8 I think.........

The rooster is smart! He crows one time while in the insulated coop and then shuts the heck up when he is outside. He did sneak in one crow when I took my quad to the back 40 acres. He saw me ride off and heard the quad and figured he could sneak in a cock-a-doodle-do while I was gone. He only did it once so I did not give him any correction plus I was not near him at all.

He has gone from 100 blows of the horn down to one time a day. Totally acceptable in my book!

Mission accomplished!

2+ week report .....So far so good. He needed one follow up correction when he heard me ride my quad away. The bird figured I was gone and started making noise. I came back and hosed him down. Since then he has been silent. He roosters in the morning inside the coop every day. I allow that as my coop is insulated and it gets it out of his system. Then once he is outside he has to be quiet. I dont know if this will work for everyone? I imagine its like training a dog, some dogs train well and some dont. But its better then the alternatives. If you have a noisy rooster give it a try. I would also like to add that he only runs from me when I have the hose. He does not run if I walk out with food. He is smart and knows the difference between punishment and rewards.

Last edited:
I really like your thinking on the conditioning of your rooster. I wonder how owners of numerous roosters, say for show or breeding purposes handle this problem.

Back
Top Bottom