How to stop a roo from crowing? Any ideas?

Justino

♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫
12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
KY
I need to know how to stop a roo from crowing....at least till like 8 am....i heard that if they are in a pitch black place, they wont crow until they see the daylight....is that true? any other ways? I am pretty sure Sunny is a boy so i need to know this!

lol.png

Quote:
why is that funny? is there no way in the world it wont crow at 6am?

Last edited by a moderator:
Will it bother your family or the neighbors? I sleep right through mine crowing. Used to it.
My rooters do not crow in the dark, if that helps.

Quote:
thanks and it dont wake me but my parents complain and they were worried about the neibores....even though there dog barks all day!

Ours crow whenever they feel like it, honestly. I guess you could try keeping him totally if the dark, if that's possible, but chickens are generally light sleepers and if the mood strikes them they will crow, even througout the night. I've heard our roos crowing at 3:00AM, or sometimes even earlier, though not always...usually they hear something that sets them off. Can you bring him, like, into the garage at night? I'm guessing you're worried about the neighbors complaining?

My roos crow all the time, all day. I have read if their roost is high enough they cant strech out to crow. I dont know if it works, never needed to stop mine. It seems like they could just jump down and crow if they really wanted to. If people start complaining just get a guinea, they'll be happy to here a roo crow then.
lau.gif

My rooster crowed all night long even without something to wake him up. If your close to neighbors you may want to think of something because I ended up having the town come and harass me. :mad:

900th post!!!!just 100 more!!!!YAY!!!!
ok, thanks, i will try to keep him in the dark at night....hopefully that works!

Back
Top Bottom