How to stop chicks from jumping on the heat plate?

CozyDia

Chirping
May 4, 2022
SE Texas
Hey guys! I have a Brinsea Ecoglow 600 for my 3 11-day old chicks and its doing wonderfully so far compared to a heat lamp with no pasty butt in sight, but is there any way to stop them from jumping on top of the heating plate. It looks unhygienic with all their poop up there and I'm scared they might slip and injure themselves one day.

d26e979777de6b6bca45fc296b8fd024.jpg

The food container is off to the side currently as I try to manually feed them when I have the time using that black training pad as the surface to get them more acquainted with me. I place it back inside when I know I won't have time to do this. Don't worry they're not starving and their crops are quite full!

The food container is off to the side currently as I try to manually feed them when I have the time using that black training pad as the surface to get them more acquainted with me. I place it back inside when I know I won't have time to do this. Don't worry they're not starving and their crops are quite full!
Oh I didn't think you were starving them 😊
I just got a mesh brooder for mine as they needed more space and I was just wondering if it was hidden somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom