How to take care of NEW hatched Chick

Yeah!!!!!! How exciting! You HAVE to post pictures when it hatches! I feel like I am almost as excited for this little peep as you are! Lol

Head, foot out, I keep moisten and chipping shell slowly every hour. It's so dry, humidity is so dry. It's now 33 hrs.

Last edited:
my little chick lived to be almost 3 weeks. She never grew, stayed the size of a 3 days old. I don't know what was wrong, I had named her Sasha and she thought I was her Mom. I was with her night and day, she died on my chest, she looked right up at me, just like she did when I helped her hatch. She took her last breath like that. My heart broke. This was the first egg I hatched. Never will again. I buried her under a special Green stone in my garden. I still cry for her. She was so sweet. Thank you for asking.

my little chick lived to be almost 3 weeks. She never grew, stayed the size of a 3 days old.  I don't know what was wrong, I had named her Sasha and she thought I was her Mom.  I was with her night and day, she died on my chest, she looked right up at me, just like she did when I helped her hatch.  She took her last breath like that.  My heart broke.  This was the first egg I hatched.  Never will again.  I buried her under a special Green stone in my garden.  I still cry for her.  She was so sweet.  Thank you for asking.  

Oh no! She died?!?!! That is so sad!!! Whatever happened? Was she just really weak?

First I want to thank you so much for being my mentor during her hatching. :) I don't know what happened. She just didn't grow at all. She stayed as if she was still about 3 days old. Seemed strong, ate well etc. Then she started gasping for air, couldn't eat. I had fed her and gave her drops of water, but she just didn't make it. So very sad. I was so attached to her.

First I want to thank you so much for being my mentor during her hatching. :)  I don't know what happened.  She just didn't grow at all.  She stayed as if she was still about 3 days old.  Seemed strong, ate well etc.  Then she started gasping for air, couldn't eat.  I had fed her and gave her drops of water, but she just didn't make it.  So very sad.  I was so attached to her.

I wonder if she somehow caught a respiratory virus. So sad! I'm so sorry you lost your little baby! I know how you feel, it's so hard not to get so attached to their cute little selves and then when they leave us ts crazy how much we miss them and the empty spot they leave!

First I want to thank you so much for being my mentor during her hatching. :)  I don't know what happened.  She just didn't grow at all.  She stayed as if she was still about 3 days old.  Seemed strong, ate well etc.  Then she started gasping for air, couldn't eat.  I had fed her and gave her drops of water, but she just didn't make it.  So very sad.  I was so attached to her.

Oh, and of course! I'm so glad that I could provide even the smallest bit of help to you! It was my pleasure! It's just so sad that the little one didn't make it!

Back
Top Bottom