How to Tell a Fertile vs INfertile Egg (Pictures)

Pics
I'd like to get another opinion since its been five years since I had chickens. I cracked two local eggs that I think look fertile. I also cracked a store bought egg that I know is not to compare, it's the second pic. What do you think?

Edited to include attempt 2 at pics. Top I think is fertile, bottom I know to be infertile.

Last edited:
I'd like to get another opinion since its been five years since I had chickens. I cracked two local eggs that I think look fertile. I also cracked a store bought egg that I know is not to compare, it's the second pic. What do you think?

Can't tell because of the glare. It's tough to take a picture of an egg yolk!

I know they repeat but I’ll take the four of them from the top since I think you edited the post and added the last two.
#! – Can’t tell. Try taking the photo with a suppressed flash
#2 – Not fertile
#3 – Fertile
#4 – not fertile

I think that agrees with what you think.

I know they repeat but I’ll take the four of them from the top since I think you edited the post and added the last two.
#! – Can’t tell. Try taking the photo with a suppressed flash
#2 – Not fertile
#3 – Fertile
#4 – not fertile

I think that agrees with what you think.

Thanks for the guess, despite the poor photo. I've been working on my egg photo skills. You should have seen how my neighbors across the road were looking at me when I was out in the front yard with a bowl, some eggs, and my camera! lol. I'm sure they thought I was insane. It's so difficult to get a clear picture though.

Hello everyone! Can you please help me determine if this egg is fertilised?

Hello everyone! Can you please help me determine if this egg is fertilised? .

I'm new to this, and it's a little hard to tell, but I think not because the center is so concentrated. In pics I've seen of fertilized eggs it is more of a doughnut looking circle with the center yellow and a white circle around it.

Thank you! That's what I thought but got confused by the large circle around the white dot.

Back
Top Bottom