How to tell if your Chicken is a Hen or a Rooster. Answers HERE!!

You can also post your pics of you birds here. And I can tell you if they are a Hen or a Rooster.

Happy Clucking!

-BCP

The grey chicken..? They all are around 8 weeks. This one has the largest comb of them all. But rounded feathers..

Looks like a rooster, but the rounded feathers are stumping me. I would just wait a little bit longer to see if anything else develops. I have had some hens look like roos and roos look like hens. I think he may be a late bloomer. Give him till 10 weeks and then send a new pic. I would prob def know by then. But for now, it looks like a roo.
Does he make a different noise than the obvious hens.

The grey chicken..? They all are around 8 weeks. This one has the largest comb of them all. But rounded feathers..
Looks like a rooster, but the rounded feathers are stumping me. I would just wait a little bit longer to see if anything else develops. I have had some hens look like roos and roos look like hens. I think he may be a late bloomer. Give him till 10 weeks and then send a new pic. I would prob def know by then. But for now, it looks like a roo.
Does he make a different noise than the obvious hens.

It's a splash andalusian cockerel. No pullet would have that red of a comb at just 8 weeks of age.

Thanks! I was afraid it was a rooster. We got them from a farm store in town. He said it was a bantam. No sure what kind though. The 4 large hens are noises than this one is. I can't hear it over the others..

It's a splash andalusian cockerel. No pullet would have that red of a comb at just 8 weeks of age.

I will post a better picture in the morning. Depending on the age when we bought them from the farm store.. they are 8 weeks friday.. I got 2 bantams.. the grey and black one in the same picture already posted. Then 2 white leghorns and 2 golden sexlinks. I will get a picture of all of them. The black one is so small still.

Back
Top Bottom