How to tell the diff between EE and Ameraucana?

I think the jyst (sp?) of it is that EEs do not breed true. Like the example I gave with the picture of 2 of my EEs; the roo was wheaten colored and the hen was silver colored...and I got a brown. If these had been TRUE Ameraucanas, I would have gotten either wheaten or silver. CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, though, Ameraucana folks!
big_smile.png

Quote:
thanks
hugs.gif
I can't wait to just know the differences it'll be nice lol! Atleast for some reason this time i was smart with a breed and am buying all my Ameraucanas from breeders
wee.gif

and let me know when you get those "pure"
lau.gif
Ameraucanas bred!..I'll buy some off you!...
big_smile.png

OH LET ME CONFUSE YOU EVEN MORE....
gig.gif
Certain different color varities in the Ameraucana breed can be bred together and their resulting offspring birds retain their Ameruacana colors and characteristics.
But certain other colors varieties of the Ameraucana breed can be bred together and the resulting offspring will produce a non conformed or confirmed color variety and there you are right back at EE quality/colors again.
hit.gif

Last edited:
another question...if i have a "pure"
lau.gif
Ameraucana roo...and i breed him over a EE hen..will the babies be blue egg layers?? IF the EE hen is a blue egg layer?

Yep! OH - assuming the roo came from a blue-egg laying line, of course. I've seen very few "true blue" colored Ameraucana eggs. Seems to me the silvers are your best bet for blue.

Last edited:
Heres an egg my Silver Duckwing EE(i dont know the colors well of this one and the other one but im going off of what i was told hehe) hen:

13329_img_6421.jpg

This is the girl that layed it:
13329_img_6434.jpg

13329_i.jpg

the black EE:
13329_img_6382.jpg

and here is my blue ameraucana:
13329_g.jpg

If we started a new thread with summarized info and asked the member who wrote the linked article if she wouldnt mind using it would you guys add egg and bird pics?
How does one make a sticky?....I did look , but we are having a bit of a blizzard and the little ones have my concentration limited.

Quote:
okay...so this tells me that Ameraucanas are not REALLY true breeds??......like say a RIR hen and a RIR roo....you KNOW you will get a 100% RIR chick!....

another question...if i have a "pure" Ameraucana roo...and i breed him over a EE hen..will the babies be blue egg layers?? IF the EE hen is a blue egg layer?

Most likely you will get blue egg layers in the offspring if your EE lays a blue/green egg and you cross to an Ameraucana rooster. But the offspring will still be considered of EE quality/colors.​

Last edited:
Quote:
thanks
hugs.gif
I can't wait to just know the differences it'll be nice lol! Atleast for some reason this time i was smart with a breed and am buying all my Ameraucanas from breeders
wee.gif

and let me know when you get those "pure"
lau.gif
Ameraucanas bred!..I'll buy some off you!...
big_smile.png

lau.gif
you goof
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom