How to treat niacin deficiency appropriately?

Water is going to weaken it so best to put over a treat just enough so they get the full dose. or a small bit of feed with the b complex mixed into it. You want to make sure this duckling that is having problems gets a full dose daily. I don't know why it seems just one duckling out of many will have a niacin deficiency but it seems that is usually the way it is. But there is still a good chance you can keep him from going lame in that leg if you get him started asap.

Water is going to weaken it so best to put over a treat just enough so they get the full dose. or a small bit of feed with the b complex mixed into it. You want to make sure this duckling that is having problems gets a full dose daily. I don't know why it seems just one duckling out of many will have a niacin deficiency but it seems that is usually the way it is. But there is still a good chance you can keep him from going lame in that leg if you get him started asap.
Okay, I’ll order this stuff now and get it started asap.

I don't think it's necessary. your only going to be dosing the one with the leg issues right with the liquid B complex? if so might as well give the rest the Brewers yeast or give it to your dogs and get Nutritional yeast for the rest of your birds

I don't think it's necessary. your only going to be dosing the one with the leg issues right with the liquid B complex? if so might as well give the rest the Brewers yeast or give it to your dogs and get Nutritional yeast for the rest of your birds
Okay, i’ll do that. Thank you.

Keep us updated!:fl
To be honest, I’m not sure if it’s improving or not. His or her’s leg points inwards. He or she seems to walk a little faster, but I don’t know. I don’t have the money to take it to a vet. I feel so guilty. It’s suffering like this bc of me.

Hello! I had to give b-complex to both my pekins. I used a syringe to measure out 1ML and put it in a bowl over some watermelon once a day. I held the bowl while they ate to make sure they got it all. They gobbled it right up everytime. It was the only thing I could find that they didn't "shun" when I offered it. They are now 11 weeks, and I sprinkle nutritional yeast on the their feed a few times a week. It took a few days to start noticing a difference, but it worked wonders for both of them. They still wait for their "bowls of watermelon", although it's plain now 🥰.

Back
Top Bottom