How to treat tapeworms in peafowl?

I need some advice.We are new at raising peafowl,we absolutely love them.We have India Blue Peafowl. We had 1 of our babies to die last week she was 3 months old.Now 2 of our 3 yr. old birds are sick.Their feathers are droopy and they eat very little.Does anyone know what it might be and how i can treat them and with what medications?

Can you take it to a vet? My guess would be be coccidiosis, blackhead and/or e.Coli in the chick and worms in the adult, but the adult could also have the first three I mentioned. Just remember that peas hide their illnesses well, so you might not have much time left and should act fast.

If you can, post a picture of the poop.

-Kathy

no, theres no vet i can take them to. cant post a pic of the poop.what do i look for in the poop?and what kind of meds do i treat them with?

If they were mine I would de-worm them with fenbendazole (Safeguard or Panacur, liquid or paste) and give them metronidazole (Flagyl, Fish-Zole or Meditrich), but that's just because I've lost a few to blackhead. What drugs do you have on-hand?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom