How to treat wry neck?

I weighed her recently and she was about 5 pounds. She does not appear to have lost any weight, she's not skinny at all and she's one of my heavier birds
Well that's good. There is a very good chance it's Marek's, but is you want to, try treating with some vitamin B & E and maybe she'll get better. You could even try some antibiotics in case it's some sort of infection.

Well that's good. There is a very good chance it's Marek's, but is you want to, try treating with some vitamin B & E and maybe she'll get better. You could even try some antibiotics in case it's some sort of infection.
Ok. How would this have happened? She hasn't been outside much since it's winter and I haven't introduced any new chickens to the flock since April

I did lose 2 chickens last year, one dropped dead with no prior symptoms and another was badly infested with lice (the rest of the flock has since been treated) and got weaker and lost weight and died. Could this be related? Could they have had Marek’s too?

I did lose 2 chickens last year, one dropped dead with no prior symptoms and another was badly infested with lice (the rest of the flock has since been treated) and got weaker and lost weight and died. Could this be related? Could they have had Marek’s too?
Where do you live?

I do agree that her one leg forward stance during her seizure or episode looks like Mareks. With her acting normally in between attacks, it might be seizures, but Mareks does affect the brain. If you lose this or another chicken you should try to get a necropsy to find out if you have Mareks in your flock. Vitamin E 400 IU is also 180mg. Vitamin B complex can be given 1/4 to 1/2 tablet daily. Those are found in most vitamin aisles in stores.

I do agree that her one leg forward stance during her seizure or episode looks like Mareks. With her acting normally in between attacks, it might be seizures, but Mareks does affect the brain. If you lose this or another chicken you should try to get a necropsy to find out if you have Mareks in your flock. Vitamin E 400 IU is also 180mg. Vitamin B complex can be given 1/4 to 1/2 tablet daily. Those are found in most vitamin aisles in stores.
Update: she can still stand but she appears to now have trouble walking. She's kinda wobbly and seems like she's afraid of losing balance. She is also making loud breathing sounds

Back
Top Bottom