Guide How to turn on and off EMAIL notifications

I've looked everywhere and my settings seem to be correct but I'm not getting an email when someone 'mentions - @...' me in a post. What could I be missing?

I've looked everywhere and my settings seem to be correct but I'm not getting an email when someone 'mentions - @...' me in a post. What could I be missing?
I only see an option to receive an ALERT for when some one mentions (@tags) you.
I'm not seeing an option to set an email notification for that.

Ok, we had it with the old forum. Originally I was getting all kinds of email notifications. I apparently turned them all off because I don't get any email notifications at all now and am needing one for when someone mentions me.

Regardless of the devices you are using to access BYC you all have an "ACCOUNT" section.
In the account section you will need to located 6 different areas. (It's only 6 not 100 ;))
I will list the 6 areas here first then attach pictures of what these areas look like using Safari on a desktop computer. There may be one or five boxes relating to emails in each section, so please make sure you READ every line item in each section.
1. Contact Details
2. Privacy
3. Preferences
4. Alert Preferences
5. Subscribe Newsletter
6. Trading Preferences

View attachment 555958View attachment 555959 View attachment 555960 View attachment 555961 View attachment 555962

View attachment 555963
While viewing your watched threads list you can turn off email notifications too
See how here:
View attachment 1108131 View attachment 1108132 View attachment 1108134
@FortCluck
Here ya go.

Regardless of the devices you are using to access BYC you all have an "ACCOUNT" section.
In the account section you will need to located 6 different areas. (It's only 6 not 100 ;))
I will list the 6 areas here first then attach pictures of what these areas look like using Safari on a desktop computer. There may be one or five boxes relating to emails in each section, so please make sure you READ every line item in each section.
1. Contact Details
2. Privacy
3. Preferences
4. Alert Preferences
5. Subscribe Newsletter
6. Trading Preferences

View attachment 555958View attachment 555959 View attachment 555960 View attachment 555961 View attachment 555962

View attachment 555963
While viewing your watched threads list you can turn off email notifications too
See how here:
View attachment 1108131 View attachment 1108132 View attachment 1108134

I guess I'm just a confused old lady that is internet deficient.

@Kiki I tried to access the six areas you listed and it would only let me in to Privacy and Preferences.

I really need some holding hands and working through this problem.

Back
Top Bottom