How Water-Loving are Mallards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we know and love birds, hence the "tough love" criticism. As a teacher by trade, I know how important criticism is for growth.

Happy holidays to you! Duckies for a gift to yourself? I love the idea. DH would pack his bags and leave, for sure if I followed suit.

I won't ever get ducks in winter again, I don't think. They have to be inside too long - lol! The stink.... Oh, the horror

You will have to post pics when they arrive, of course. It's a requirement.
The stink is real but Ferrets are 10X worse.

Ducklings aren't so bad for smell if you keep it clean.

Hafta say.... I am not a student of yours or any other teacher you know. I am almost 40 and not wanting to hear "tough love" from people I don't even know. To me, that is actually offensive. ;)

I was raised to be assertive but open and respectful. I love to hear ideas. I do not love judging or treating someone who asks a question with suspicion - that is sick.

Talk about the question or mess off. I have no time for someone's misplaced anger. If someone can't simply talk to me about ducks that says everything about them.

Ok. I get that. Have a good night, then. Sorry if I offended. I'll be more careful in our future conversations.

Happy holidays, and good luck with your duckies!

Happy Holidays to you as well.

There is no offense at all. Just treat me like a human being equal to you. Most people here lately do not do that.

"Tough Love" is for people you love :p

Respect is how you approach someone you don't know. You have been amazing with that and thank you!!!

Wish others could noodle these ideas like this.

Mallards are quick to swim and dive. If they are hatched in an incubator, be careful not to allow them access to deep water as they have no natural oils to keep themselves dry and will chill and die. I do not allow any of my ducklings, regardless of breed or specie, swimming water until they are a few weeks old.

Indeed. That is why I am asking. Some mallard descended breeds love water more than others. This is such a simple question. Oh well.
When asked , Google replied this;

Do Indian runner ducks like to swim? Indian runner ducks love to swim and spend a lot more time doing so than any other domestic duck. When they are allowed free-range, these penguin ducks like to spend most of their time swimming away gracefully.

If so, this shows that different breeds do vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom