Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Soon

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

StarLover21

Songster
8 Years
Oct 11, 2011
Here's yet another picture of my now 33 week old leghorn. She just look so ready to me! Her comb has really gotten even bigger over the week, and redder! Does she look ready to you?
Sorry for the dried blood on her face. Sombody pecked it. :(

ETA: She's not a cockeral. You can see body shots below.

Last edited:
That would be my guess.

My two bullys maybe are stressing her out. There's always a little pecking, but this is the first time that blood has been drawn. I think I'm going to find a way to keep them seperate. Gahh!!!!! Why won't they just intergrate? I tried so hard!
he.gif

Last edited:
Are you sure that's a hen? Do you have a whole body pic? Usually leghorn hens combs flop over when they are about to lay. That looks more like a cockerel comb.

I'm SURE.

Here's a picture of her at like 20 weeks. You can tell she's a hen from this picture- a cockeral would have a ton of comb growth at that age and I'm very good at sexing.

All seven of her sisters, who are all laying, and live somewhere else, don't have floppy combs either. I know, it's weird. It is floppy a little bit, just not at the angle of the picture.

ETA:

Here's a current picture. You can see she's NOT a cockeral, and her comb is kinda floppy.

Last edited:
OK yeah, definitely a hen. Weird comb though! Hopefully she'll start laying for you soon, she looks more than ready. Could she be hiding them somewhere?

I have looked for hidden nests. I'll go check again today or tommorow though. But I have been looking. I know, weird comb! Crossing my fingers!

Back
Top Bottom