How winter hardy??

Quote:
A & M s are just Coturnix/Japanese Quail. They are NOT a separate breed . They were just a larger white Coturnix than the little English Whites .However they have been so interbred that it's doubtful that they even exist anymore.
I agree with what JJMR794 says on winter care.Also I always add a few fluffed up leaves of hay in the pens for them to snuggle down into when cooler temperatures approach.

Quote:
A & M s are just Coturnix/Japanese Quail. They are NOT a separate breed . They were just a larger white Coturnix than the little English Whites .However they have been so interbred that it's doubtful that they even exist anymore.
I agree with what JJMR794 says on winter care.Also I always add a few fluffed up leaves of hay in the pens for them to snuggle down into when cooler temperatures approach.

an a&m was made to be a jumbo white quail for meat production/all white meat. it never happend so all they got were jumbo whites. my jumbo whites or (a&ms) are exactly the same size as my jumbo brown(wilds) so an a&m was only ever a jumbo white bird correct? so i have a jumbo white bird? what was interbred or how is that not the same bird that Thornberry had in his shop? it is. the exact same. a&ms exist. just not how they are advertised.and yes they are the exact same as the jumbo browns i have in the pen next to them just they are white.
roll.png

point i was trying to make is that "A&M Quail" are Coturnix ...NOT a separate species of quail. Also that A&Ms are no different than the browns or golds or etc...all of which can be found in Jumbo size.
I keep seeing posts on here where people seem to be under the misconception that a A&M is different from a Coturnix/Japanese Quail.

Back
Top Bottom