How would an Aggresive Rooster react to chicks?

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
So I'm thinking about (may or may not happen) getting chicks. The flock will turn 2 March 1st and I have only one silkie in a standard flock. If i got more chicks i would want to get a couple silkies for her. My rooster well hes great and I love him but he is aggresive and has moods. I'm not sure how hed react to new members especially silkies because he doesnt really pay attention to the one we have now. I also have to make sure I dont end up with silkie rooster. Has anyone have similar experiences with this?

So I'm thinking about (may or may not happen) getting chicks. The flock will turn 2 March 1st and I have only one silkie in a standard flock. If i got more chicks i would want to get a couple silkies for her. My rooster well hes great and I love him but he is aggresive and has moods. I'm not sure how hed react to new members especially silkies because he doesnt really pay attention to the one we have now. I also have to make sure I dont end up with silkie rooster. Has anyone have similar experiences with this?
I can't say that my integration was the same (all standards here), but the roo was mostly chill through it all. The low hen was a witch tho.

I can't say that my integration was the same (all standards here), but the roo was mostly chill through it all. The low hen was a witch tho.
my silkie is a low hen. She's the only one that has gone broody 100 times in a month LOL. I would love for her to have babies but I know a low hen with babies gets picked on.

Back
Top Bottom