How would i breed a chicken like this?

Tfritz185

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2023
Anyone know how to breed something like this?
1000004602.jpg

Anyone know how to breed something like this?View attachment 3833104
Crossing an Ayam Cemani rooster to a White Leghorn hen would probaby produce daughters that look like the picture. Sons might have light skin instead of dark, but otherwise they would look pretty similar to the picture as well.

A Svarthöna rooster would work just as well as the Ayam Cemani rooster.

Crossing an Ayam Cemani rooster to a White Leghorn hen would probaby produce daughters that look like the picture. Sons might have light skin instead of dark, but otherwise they would look pretty similar to the picture as well.

A Svarthöna rooster would work just as well as the Ayam Cemani rooster.
What about like a Mystic onyx rooster?

Looks part silkie to me
What makes you say that?

I see the dark skin (which could come from Silkie or from several breeds), but I do not see any other Silkie traits (crest, comb type, feathered feet, extra toe, maybe muff/beard).

What makes you say that?

I see the dark skin (which could come from Silkie or from several breeds), but I do not see any other Silkie traits (crest, comb type, feathered feet, extra toe, maybe muff/beard).
The face looks a lot like my silkies face, comb included. I thought it had extra toes too, I see now it does not.
IMG_2724.jpeg

The face looks a lot like my silkies face, comb included.
Yes, I do see what you mean. Your Silkie has a single comb and a small crest, and it does look quite a lot like the chicken in the first post.

I was comparing with the way Silkies are "supposed" to be (different comb type, larger crest), so that is why I did not think it looked much like a Silkie.

I thought it had extra toes too, I see now it does not.
I looked several times and was not 100% sure either way, because it's hard to see black toes in the shadows of the grass :lol:

So if it did have extra toes and I just missed them, I would not have been surprised at all :)

Back
Top Bottom