How y'all are from Georgia!

Welcome to BYC!! Sounds like you're a great parent, I think it's awesome that you're not only letting your daughter keep your chick but also spending precious time to make sure that Rosie is happy!! We are elated to have you here, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :thumbsup
Thank you! I try as best I can lol. Our whole family has a love of critters so it's not too bad lol

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
If you have a small shed on your property, you can convert that into a coop and it will save you a lot of time.
I wish lol! No, this property was woodland this time last year. We cleared out about 2 acres and put our house in the middle of it. The 46 acres surrounding it are pretty much solid forest....pines going uphill and hardwood bottom going downhill. We are actually inside city limits but the land is zoned agricultural so has almost zero restrictions of any kind. Going to move a metal storage building from our old house over in the next couple of weeks and build a couple of shelters. Then I am either going to build or buy a 12 or 14 by 24 shop. I enjoy building, I just don't have a lot of time for it lol. Probably gonna get started on the coop tomorrow or Tuesday.

Not sure honestly. Like I said we think Rosie is a barred rock, but not 100% sure. We're just planning to have 4 to 6 hens for eggs and entertainment. At least that's the plan lol. We have a tendency to be the crazy pet people lol. At one time we had 2 adults, a baby, and 5 dogs in a 700 square foot house.😳 We had a few more that were fosters for our local animal shelter at the same time, but they were outside!

Anyway, this is Rosie. Are we close in thinking she might be a Barred Rock?
It may also be an Australorp...you will be able to tell for sure in a few weeks, it does look kind of like a barred rock as well, does your daughter know what colored egg she hatched? Or better, what type?

Back
Top Bottom