How y'all are?

cajuninky

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Mountains of Eastern Ky
Bonjour, mon ami!! I'm new here. Just joined tonight. The site was reccomended by a person from a gardening site I frequent.

I love animals. We have 11 horses. Should be an even dozen in a couple of weeks. We have 2 pigs, 1 cat, 2 dogs, 1 rabbit, 1 turtle, 1 fish, 2 hamsters, 1 salamander, 1 duck and 24 chickens with others due to hatch as I type. Never a dull moment around our zoo!

We like to trail ride, camp, hike and fish. We moved here to Ky from S. La 5 years ago to pastor a church. We love it here but really miss the fresh seafood we always had. DH had a charter boat and he was a shrimp trawler. Now we depend on the kindness and generosity of visiting friends and relatives.
hit.gif
But we have a good life here so I need not complain. We live the country life and it is very satisfying. We hope to actually move into the country and out of town one day soon. I grow veggies in what used to be my flower beds. I have all the composted fertilizer I need and I gladly give away the excess. Greatful recipients give me fresh veggies in return. Can't beat that with a stick! I am trying lots of new veggies this year.

I am looking forward to learning a lot here to make my chickens more comfortable and profitable. I am also looking forward to meeting lots of nice people and "talking chicken".

b
You have a possum? We had a possum named Jolie' Pas but she passed about a year ago. We sure do miss her. I hope to find another baby in need this spring. They make the best pets. Do you have any pics?

Back
Top Bottom