How y'all are?

Cafe' Au Lait aka Coffee is the mare in foal. She is the KMP/Standardbred we rescued nearly 2 years ago. She was in standing heat for 6 solid months and we couldn't get her to gain any weight because of it. We didn't really want a foal but it seemed the best thing for her. And it sure did the trick. She has rounded out so nicely and not from the foal mind you. Her hips fleshed out and covered over where they used to look like Mickey Mouse ears. She is healthy and doing great now. DH rode her a lot before and after we bred her and she muscled up quite nicely. She has made a great trail horse. The 17th of this month will make 11 months that she was bred so anytime after that she could foal. I'm looking for it to be another 3 weeks or so but it's hard to tell. She is very tall and long through the barrel so she could end up not showing much more than a rounded belly. She is dropping lower and her udder is filling up nicely. Not full or tight yet. She still looks plenty comfortable. But it is her first foal even though she is a 7yo so anything could happen. LOL The foal will be easy to market if we choose to. We have been offered big bucks for her and turned it down. DH just loves her. Good ending for a mare that was all but starved to death for her first 5 years of life. She is 64" tall. I can't imagine how tall she'd have been if she had been fed well while she was growing.

I'm going to investigate your chicken thread on DE.

Back
Top Bottom