How "YOU" Control FIre Ants with Your Free Range Chickens Roaming.

Lazy Farmer

Gallus gallus domesticus
7 Years
Feb 28, 2017
Florida Peninsula
My Coop
My Coop
Fire Ants are now out of control. But if you have you Livestock especially Chickens roaming,
View media item 7892842how would You fight back against these nasty biting pests without using Amdro which looks pretty darn tempting to your unsuspecting poultry peeps? Fight Fire with Fire Time
!​

Last edited:
Fire Ants are now out of control. But if you have you Livestock especially Chickens roaming, how would You fight back against these nasty biting pests without using Amdro which looks pretty darn tempting to your unsuspecting poultry peeps? Fight Fire with Fire Time!

Chickens have sensitive feet. I have noticed that those who blunder near a pile leave quickly.

My chickens are eating the fire ants, no way am I getting in the middle of that.:)
Ours range 2 acres. They have plenty of freedom. They avoid the piles. The Ant piles are mountain ranges. The Goats are stepping in them and not a good situation. Amdro attracts the chickens and putting a box or so over the Amdroed mound attracts the goats to knock them over to invite the chickens.
On the other hand, my imprisoned Chickens in Breeding Houses are ant free.
Water hose or dish soap make the mounds move over a couple feet.

If you can find the nest I'd put a barrier around the nest & add Amdro! If you can keep your chickens in an enclosed area, then I'd sprinkle Amdro where they can't get at & keep them secured for about a month? I hate those Fire Ants! Good luck & hopefully someone can help you....
Too many birds to keep locked that long. Thanks though

Fire Ants are now out of control. But if you have you Livestock especially Chickens roaming,
View media item 7892842how would You fight back against these nasty biting pests without using Amdro which looks pretty darn tempting to your unsuspecting poultry peeps? Fight Fire with Fire Time
!​
@Farmer Connie ...This link gave me an error:

upload_2017-6-21_16-53-43.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom