How you identify the pecker? (definitely is cannibalism)

You have a lot of space, but a lot of space is not being used. And a chicken can see every other chicken from any position in the run. I think you need some clutter in there. The vertical space is not being used at all. Add some platforms, a pallet up on blocks, an old ladder or saw horse, lean things against the wall, so a bird can get out of sight, but not get trapped. Small pieces of plywood, can make a mini wall, where a bird can step behind. If you put a feed bowl there, they will be out of sight while eating.

Mrs K

You have a lot of space, but a lot of space is not being used. And a chicken can see every other chicken from any position in the run. I think you need some clutter in there. The vertical space is not being used at all. Add some platforms, a pallet up on blocks, an old ladder or saw horse, lean things against the wall, so a bird can get out of sight, but not get trapped. Small pieces of plywood, can make a mini wall, where a bird can step behind. If you put a feed bowl there, they will be out of sight while eating.

Mrs K

Mrs K
That's some good ideas thank you
We have some entertainment for them too like we hang a cabbage or lettuce in the middle of the run on the other run there's a tree with some stumps that they climb and a little shelter that they climb too they can go thru the door with no problem
we are using that one to help the other chicken to heal now

Attachments

• IMG_20210327_155809581_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210327_155809581_HDR.jpg
    846.5 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom