HOW'D YA GET THAT NAME

My girls are: Penny the Production Red (reminiscent of Henny Penny), Maggie the Barred Rock (as a chick she reminded us of a Magpie. My sister originally name her Maya, then Baby. I was sooo against it!
roll.png
), Maisy the who knows what (After a bird in Seussical the Musical), and Daisy the who knows what (It just totes went with Maisy and they are hatchmates, so it worked!)

We also had an ameraucana named Gertrude (another bird in Seussical the Musical) but unfortunately, she had to be culled because of illness.

ALSO I am getting a silkie in August but I have no idea what to name her!!
hu.gif

:) LOVE the names here!
celebrate.gif

I've been fretting over names for my new chickens/ducks, but almost all of them are named now. Here they are:

Chickens
Albert (he just looked like an Albert)
Rose (she is a cross between a BO and RIR...she is a beautiful light red color)
Sadie
Sophie
(Sadie and Sophie are my two young BOs...they are identical so their names are interchangeable)
Mimi (Mimi had to be by herself for weeks because the others kept trying to kill her. She ate so much while she was by herself that she got big and round...reminded me of Mimi from the Drew Carey show)
Blackie (she doesn't have a real name yet...hopefully I'll come up with one soon)
Pedro (really wanted a rooster named Pedro. Was going to name Albert "Pedro", but then we realized we think we have a bantam roo (wasn't supposed to have bantams). Pedro seemed to "fit" this little guy, so that's his name....although I'm still hoping he's a girl)
Ferdinand (also hoping he's a girl, but think he's a roo)
Oscar
Blanche
(Oscar, Blanche, and Scarlett are new additions. They are a month older than the others. Blanche is the dominant one...)
Scarlett

Ducks
Andre (male rouen...just looked like an Andre)
Amelia (my beautiful fawn/white runner)
Squirt (my baby fawn/white runner...don't know if it's a boy or girl yet. Name will change once I figure that out)

This is Miss Mudpie

The two Splash Orps are Charlie and Louise. The 2 EE's are Minnie and Pearl.

These two Black Stars are Madea and Rasputia (yes- from the Madea movies and the Norbit movie)

These are our youngest four. The two Lavender Orps are Prissy and Squirt. The two Cochins are Tiny and Little Bit.

Let's see..
Buffy is a Buff Orpington, so...
Goldie is a Buff Orpington, so...
Blondie is a Buff Orpington, so...
Shelia is a Lavender Orpington, and named after Prince's protege Shelia E.
Maribel and Marisol are twin Brown Leghorns that remind me of two beautiful women that I know by those names...
D.gif

Oh this is cool..i gotta share
So i have 7 RIR, a dark cornish, a black cuckoo maran, and an americauna roo
My Cornish was hatched in a preschool so we let the kiddos vote..she ended up Peepers cause that all she ever did....all day..peep peep peep peep peep peep well you get the idea
The Maran my 5 year old and his little girlfriend named Penguin because when she was just little she looked like a penguin.
and on to the RIR's We started with 8 hens and 10 roos. I let my sons, neices and nephews name them.
Hennrietta, Harriet, Hatti, Lovely, Lucy, Lady, GMC (my son name it after himself..Gian Michael Chicken), and Prit (ok even i dont know where that one came from)
Harriet (because shes mean to everyone else) moved in with my Sis-in-law in trade for the Americauna my husband lovingly name Rooster Cogburn
and the roos....the kiddos got a little morbid with me when i told them we would eventually be eating the roos...(really guys i cannot make this stuff up)
Roasted
Ale king
Alfredo
Fried
Nuggets
Extra crispy
Original Recipe
Pot Pie
Stew
And my personal fav
Rottiserrie

I love the 'theme' names. I don't know how it got started but all of mine have names that end with cane.
The Cane Sisters: Hurra, Sola, Nova, Candy, Raisin & Citizen.
One day to add, Sugar, Portree, Ameri, and Cracko.

Iv got POPPY(copper black) she just reminds me of a poppy. BLUEBELLE (bluebelle) as in the flower. COLUMBINE (amber) because of the colour.SNOW DROP(light sussex) as she is white and snow drop flowers are white and I like them. and then there is DOTTY(speckledy) who was the hardest to name as nothing seemed to suit her, she has sort of dots on her.

Back
Top Bottom