Howdy from Oregon!

TeakNessie

Hatching
10 Years
Sep 15, 2009
Hi everyone!

I thought I'd join BYC, as I just relocated to Oregon, and finally have my chickens! I grew up with chickens (layers and meat birds), and have had them my entire life (I'm 29). We now have 3 chickens, and are adding a fourth this evening! The 3 we have are as follows...

1. 4 month old Lakenvelder, "Hatchetface"
2. 4 month old Welsummer, "Bloppit Von Cocoabuns"
3. 4 month old blue wheaten Ameraucana, "Beardie McCoolsalot"

Our fourth chicken is going to be a gold spangled black Ameraucana, with a black beard. We don't have a nmae picked out, but it will come to us when we meet her! We're also thinking of adding one more lady, maybe tomorrow. My boyfriend is obsessed with bacon, and wants to name a chicken "Bacon" (yes, bacon and eggs), and I found a red and white mottled Ameraucana. Now I just have to convince him we need that Cuckoo Maran I want.....

"I began to realize how simple life could be if one had a regular routine to follow with fixed hours, a fixed salary, and very little original thinking to do."
~Roald Dahl

welcome-byc.gif
from Virginia!

Hello from just across the river in Washington. With a red and white mottled Ameraucana, and then that Cuckoo Maran, or even a Blue Silkie, you'll have quite the patriotic trio. Your other chickens won't know if they should lay eggs or stand at attention and salute
gig.gif
Okay, got that out of my system. You're going to love it here. How much? Well this has been me since I found it ----> Work
wee.gif
Online @BYC A big welcome to BYC Oregonian!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom