Howdy from Texas

szark

Hatching
Jan 10, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I 1st started my chicken hobby approximately 4 years ago. 1st mistake was that I didn't know some chicks are for meat only.... LOL

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have about 12

(3) What breeds do you have?
ARAUCANA
BLACK STAR
BUFF LACED POLISH
DARK BRAHMAS
SALMON FAVEROLLES

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? searched the net to learn about chicks before I jumped into it

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? horse back riding

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
not working outside the home anymore. I have a horse, donkey, 2 barn cats, 2 indoor cats and a German Shepard.

Hello and welcome to BYC. Nothing beats a GSD, in my opinion :)

Here’s a link to the Articles section - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/ There you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs.

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - Find Your State Thread

All the best

Pork Pie

Welcome Wagon.gif Welcome to Backyard Chickens!
You have very nice chicken breeds.

G’Day from down under szark :frow Welcome!

Many, many years ago, before chickens, I remember being at the feed store and seeing one day old chicks for sale and thinking 'chickens would be fun'. I too, knew nothing about meat birds at that time and I am pleased that I did my research.

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom