Howdy from The Country Soaper!

TheCountrySoaper

Hatching
Jun 20, 2019
Howdy, Y'all!

My name is Elin Criswell, a.k.a., The Country Soaper, and I came across this site quite by accident while doing an internet search.

We currently do not have any chickens, but hopefully that will change in the future. In the past, I was the main instigator to get my parents back into keeping chickens, once they retired. We absolutely love to eat 'country eggs;' so for the time being, we seek out different sources so we have enjoy them.

Other hobbies... soapmaking is my creative passion, as I've been making soap for almost 20 years and there is no end in sight. I am a fourth-generation Texas soapmaker of Swedish descent. I'm definitely pretty crazy about the craft as I not only operate my own soap business but I also lead a Texas-based soapmakers group called Lone Star Soap & Toiletries. We host two annual events for soapmakers to network and learn more about this wonderful craft. I also have written two soap making books, I participate in living history events and I teach basic soap making classes in my home in the country.

I've been married to the love of my life for over 30 years. We have 3 adult children and a gang of 4 furbabies …. 2 dogs and 2 cats.

I look forward to learning from all of you here!

Hi! Welcome! Do you have a special type of soap you make, like with goats milk or do you make various kinds? Do you have family presses too? I am deeply envious of people who have carried on a family craft. Heck I’m deeply envious of anyone who has a family legacy. My Moms expertise was smoking cigarettes and gossiping with the neighbors. Not much to carry on. :rolleyes:

Really I’m not always this silly. And I am looking forward to hearing more about your soap. We have a big Hobbies thread here that you might enjoy. And don’t forget to check the Texas thread too!

Howdy, Y'all!

My name is Elin Criswell, a.k.a., The Country Soaper, and I came across this site quite by accident while doing an internet search.

We currently do not have any chickens, but hopefully that will change in the future. In the past, I was the main instigator to get my parents back into keeping chickens, once they retired. We absolutely love to eat 'country eggs;' so for the time being, we seek out different sources so we have enjoy them.

Other hobbies... soapmaking is my creative passion, as I've been making soap for almost 20 years and there is no end in sight. I am a fourth-generation Texas soapmaker of Swedish descent. I'm definitely pretty crazy about the craft as I not only operate my own soap business but I also lead a Texas-based soapmakers group called Lone Star Soap & Toiletries. We host two annual events for soapmakers to network and learn more about this wonderful craft. I also have written two soap making books, I participate in living history events and I teach basic soap making classes in my home in the country.

I've been married to the love of my life for over 30 years. We have 3 adult children and a gang of 4 furbabies …. 2 dogs and 2 cats.

I look forward to learning from all of you here!

Where in Texas are you from?

Back
Top Bottom