Howdy from the Piney Woods

EastTXChickens

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 22, 2014
East of Nacogdoches
I'm happy to have found BYC and want to say Hi to the established members and newbies like me.

My 8 assorted chicks are 5 weeks old today:D

We have raised chickens before but it's been some years. Wow, have things improved! We are watering using a bucket and nipples and will use a gravity PVC system soon. The feeders are old school trays but we will use PVC elbows in a bucket in the next day or two.

The chicks are housed in our old chicken tractor which is adequate but not so easy to modify for improvements so DH is building another portable coop.
It's been very helpful and fun to see what others have done when building coops.

I could spend all day looking at coops or otherwise on BYC:weee

Last edited:
images

Welcome to BYC!

Sounds like you really have a good plan for keeping your chickens! And yes, BYC is just busting at the seams with knowledge! Our coops pages are just full of coops for everybody. So many coops to look at, you could spend all day looking at them!

Make yourself at home here on BYC. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Welcome - even "oldies," seem to stay on BYC throughout the day/night. Just so much of interest and you get to know a lot of posters after awhile. Have to check in with them every day - just "because," they become family.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Welcome back to chicken keeping, good luck with your new chicks!

Thanks! I'm having a ball. I just came in from digging worms for the chickens, having them get me out in the garden and I'm needing the exercise, just another benefit of a 'lil flock.

DH made a bucket/PVC pipe/nipple watering system and bucket/elbow PVC pipe joint feeder for them yesterday and they're loving the new set up and so am I.

Its interesting they're ignoring the bucket with nipples that they had used and I'm removing that today.

These methods of feeding and watering a small flock make the job so much easier and is so much better for the chickens. These two things alone, that I learned on BYC, make my day!

Back
Top Bottom