Howdy

Howdy back, would love to know something about you, your farm, animals, whatever you would like to share.
welcome-byc.gif

I'm never sure what to write on those intro posts lol. I'm a retired Marine and in the long process of reviving a run down/abused/abandoned 27 acre homestead. I have a friend who is a poultry fanatic and comes up with breeds of chickens I never even knew existed. So of course the cuter/prettier ones come home with me. I have the standard barred rock and RIR as my primary egg layers. Add in creme legbar, frizzle, banties, arcauna, and few others I don't remember their type. Same holds true of the ducks.
I have rabbits, goats, sheep, horses, and pigs as well. The girls enjoy digging under the rabbit cages and in the compost piles. My feed store lets me sweep out their straw storage area periodically and they really get into having a load of loose straw dumped in their run. They stay in their run until about 3, then they get to free range. If they go out earlier, they lay eggs everywhere :( except their nest boxes.

Back
Top Bottom