Howdy!

Aunt Angus

🐓+🦆+🐐=🎪
5 Years
Jul 16, 2018
Nevada County, CA
Hi, there!

I am so new to chickens that I haven't even started. I am here to learn everything I can to see if I can be a good chicken mama. I have always - ALWAYS - wanted to own chickens, and I am now at a point in my life where I have the time, energy, and patience for it. Hubby has finally caved in to my incessant hint-dropping/whining. We will be globe-trotting the next few weeks, but I will have quite a bit of time off once we return, and I think it may be time to take the poultry plunge.

So glad I found this site! I have already learned so much!

Cheers,

Kat (aka Aunt Angus)

C1541E83-EDDE-4226-87BC-0CD4F4468FF8.jpeg These just hatched!

Too stinkin' cute! :)

I am still trying to figure out if I'll be able to handle babies. Would rather avoid keeping them in the house. Of course, it is up in the 100's here during the day, and 70's at night. I am leaning toward a brooder in the coop (once it's finished, of course) with a lamp at night. Or just getting pullets. I'm terrified of chickies dying on me. And there's a local gal who has chicks and pullets of all ages. So many decisions.

But seeing those little fuzzy bundles of cute is sure tugging at my heart strings, I tell you what.

Back
Top Bottom