Howdy!

Just ordered my chicks! SO EXCITED! I ordered them online from a hatchery that isn't too far from here - I was thinking that'd mean less time in transit. They are scheduled to arrive in mid-August. I am traveling over the next 2 weeks, and then I have a few weeks off before I start back to work full-time with only part-time meetings and conferences in the mean time (I'm a teacher). Plenty of time for me to finish getting the brooder, coop, and run finished! I will post pics as I go. I will need advice (and probably a hardy dose of criticism) to get everything right. Wish me lots of (c)luck!

Just ordered my chicks! SO EXCITED! I ordered them online from a hatchery that isn't too far from here - I was thinking that'd mean less time in transit. They are scheduled to arrive in mid-August. I am traveling over the next 2 weeks, and then I have a few weeks off before I start back to work full-time with only part-time meetings and conferences in the mean time (I'm a teacher). Plenty of time for me to finish getting the brooder, coop, and run finished! I will post pics as I go. I will need advice (and probably a hardy dose of criticism) to get everything right. Wish me lots of (c)luck!
Woot! What was the final order?

Hope I chose wisely: 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Buff Brahma, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Cochin. All hens, of course. But I am well aware of the possibility a rooster may end up in the mix. Nothing too fancy (I hope), and hopefully all nice girls who will make friendly pets. How does that mix sound? I can still change my order...

Not sure how this thread got to be so long... I must have said/done something too noob to avoid being put in my place. I guess I will read and not post in the future. Sorry if I made a mistake. I plead ignorance.

Oh Heck NO! Keep posting. This is FUN! And that, BTW, is the baseline of all this. Yes. we are all here to help and support each other, but in reality - and what it all boils down to in the long run, is that we are all at least a little bit chicken-crazy ... and everyone here understands us and lets us just be. BYC is the ultimate of chicken-fever enabling. We're all just one big, happy, therapy support group! :plbb

Oh Heck NO! Keep posting. This is FUN! And that, BTW, is the baseline of all this. Yes. we are all here to help and support each other, but in reality - and what it all boils down to in the long run, is that we are all at least a little bit chicken-crazy ... and everyone here understands us and lets us just be. BYC is the ultimate of chicken-fever enabling. We're all just one big, happy, therapy support group! :plbb

Hahaha! My husband thinks I've gone chicken crazy already! Good to know I've found my tribe.

Hope I chose wisely: 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Buff Brahma, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Cochin. All hens, of course. But I am well aware of the possibility a rooster may end up in the mix. Nothing too fancy (I hope), and hopefully all nice girls who will make friendly pets. How does that mix sound? I can still change my order...
Sounds perfect!

WOO HOO! Can't WAIT!

Does it mean I am already chicken-crazy if I am more excited about getting my chicks in mid-August than leaving for a two week vacay to Vietnam this weekend?!?!?!
Vietnam!!!
Will you do me a favor???

I am dying to see what a Balut street stand looks like.
Pictures if you see one, please?
:fl

Back
Top Bottom