1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hown to have incubator to continue hatching

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by leishi, Apr 22, 2017.

1. leishi

leishi New Egg

Apr 22, 2017
    I use incuview incubator to hatch chicken eggs, after 21 days, there are still some not come out but has sign of coming out soon, I heard people has chick come out after 24 hours later after 21 full days, I try to set incubator to hatching mode only, but not sure how to, the temperature in the incubator is now 76F,I tried reset it to have it run but no luck, any suggestions? Thanks

2. BYCforlife

BYCforlife Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, leishi! [​IMG]! Your temperature is way too low, it should be at 98.5 degrees F. after day 18. Also, what is your humidity? It should be 45-50% on days 1-18, and 65-70% on days 19-23. Keep in mind that hatches tend to fail due to: Days 1-18: too much humidity. Days 19-23: too little humidity.

Also, chicks can take until day 23 sometimes to hatch. Good luck!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under leishi [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry, I have no experience with incubators, just hatches under a broody hen but I did just want to wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    sorry no hatching experience. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by