HR 875 - This is chilling new proposed legislation...

newbie coops

Chirping
15 Years
Jun 20, 2008
Northern New England
This is a warning to all backyard chicken enthusiasts whether you sell your eggs or use them for your own consumption exclusively, hatch them, raise meat birds for your own consumption or for sale, plant a garden regardless of how small - anything to do with raising food. This bill will effectively hand over all food production to the federal government and will have the effect of overriding any state laws. The state will simply be the enforcer for the Fed. All on this forum: PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE.

http://www.ftcldf.org/news/news-02mar2009.htm

If this doesn't mobilize you to action then nothing will. They are attempting to control the nation's food supply, money, and real estate - that's how Stalin did it.

Contact your state's Senators and Representatives, fax, phone, email, send this to all you know who has an interest - which is everyone. Our very freedoms are under assault and if we don't do something NOW, we will be enslaved without recourse.

that site wasnt the "actual" bill though...i would like to see how the actual bill is written up..
hu.gif

Quote:
This is scary!! I met a real nice lady, she is a independent missionary, and she has told me that our government is going to do just that! You know, I listen and just hope she wasn't right. You know how missionaries can be, right. She told me that we all should stock up on food, because sooner or later the government is going to say that there is no surplus for us???
I don't know about anyone else, but it is SCARY to think that OUR country could do such a thing. What are we coming to?
hide.gif

Quote:
Click on the link below to see the actual bill as currently written. Right now, it's in Committee. On this site you can view the sponsor, cosponsors, where it is in the legislative process, as well as the full text of the bill as submitted. Click on the "Full Text" link to view:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-875

And another interesting article on Monsanto's influence on this bill:

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Monsanto-s-dream-bill-HR-by-Linn-Cohen-Cole-090309-337.html

This isn't an insignificant bill and anybody who buys, grows, or raises any food on any level will be subject to its enforcement. Without attempting to start a political dialogue, it is a fact that this bill has a great chance of passing in this Congress and signed by this president - unless there is massive, vocal, active opposition by citizens at every level of government. They were waiting for favorable odds in congress before submitting it - in the previous congress it would have surely been met with substantial opposition and it's almost impossible to believe it would have been signed into law by the previous President.

This bill is long, as is the article I posted; however, make no mistake: its intentionally vague language makes this bill not just dangerous, but fatal - to all food producers except the big guns (Monsanto, etc.), whether you have a backyard flock of chickens for meat or eggs just for your own consumption, a garden to grow food for the local farmer's market or just your family, a couple of pigs, a cow - anything. As written, this bill will give the federal government - using your state as one of the instruments of its enforcement - complete control over everything you raise or grow. Ultimate aim of course is to impose countless, confiscatory fines and even inprisonment on owners and operators of small farms and local producers until they give up and close down.

If government can control the food supply - in addition to the flow of money which is what they have been working on the last several months - and the means of production - which this bill is a part of - then 546 people have made serfs of 350 million people who stood by silently and allowed it.

well its my right as a poor person to provide for my family within my budget any way I can that is legal. I don't steal I don't swindle so I will raise my food be it in a garden, in a coop or in coral but what the heck should I do if they put all these regulations against me when I've been doing alright for my family and myself. til now and now that the economy is spiraling downward out of control now they want to regulate so I can't feed my family by raising our own food .. well they can go ahead and pass the law if they want to but I have decided this year to raise ALL of my food for my family because the government is getting too big for its own britch's I can understand the regulating for corprate food industries but to hinder a guy who only wants to provide for his family.. and of corse we arent going to mess around with the food we prepare for our families and get them sick . but in my opinion the cost of living is only going up and if this bill gets passed then its only going to drive the cost of living up higher, and it goes up every year but for some reason the pay hasn't gone up in around 6 years yet the cost of living goes up at a steady rate . if they want to drive the cost of living up then they can drive the cost of what one persons daily wage's up too. ... until they do that I will continue to raise my own food .. I got 2 bulls and 2 hogs coming this year also that will feed my family for a year and a half .. maybe thats what the problem is they can't gouge my pockets if I grow it myself .. so they toss regulation's up there so its easier to buy the regulated foods in the stores.. well they're gunna have to lock me up because I can't afford the store anymore and will continue to raise my own food. I'm sorry for the rant but it erks me that the government only looks out for rich people and keeps the poor people in the service of the rich people... I guess they still need someone to make their millions for them. I vote no on bill HR 875 and will never acknowledge it if it gets passed anyway

You are so right. How much does a SMALL farmer really have? I mean, look at all the backyard chickens. It doesn't take away from anyone. Its just a way for the government to stick their noses in where the don't belong. What have we become now, a dictatorship?? Please!

b.hromada :

What have we become now, a dictatorship?? Please!

Yes, that's precisely what HR 875 is intended to accomplish - or at least aid in facilitating it: a DICTATORSHIP.

American needs to WAKE UP and SMELL THE COFFEE before it's too late...which isn't very far off. Even those who raise food for their own consumption - just like Rooster8402- will be subject to this federal intrusion with onerous regulations on everything they do - replete with requisite "inspections," fines, imprisonment, confiscation of property, etc. - resulting in the annihilation of any citizen's ability to live independently of the federal government. The goal is for complete control over society.

This sounds "black helicopter-ish" but it's also the truth and if we don't take an interest in what's happening in DC with the bills these suddenly emboldened legislators are submitting, and just live our lives in a trance singing "la-la-la-la-la it will never happen here blah blah blah" then we are certainly doomed to bequeathing to our offspring a lifetime of servitude.

And we will suffer the consequences of our inaction...in this life or the next.

If we value the ability and freedom to raise own food for ourselves and our families, or purchase or barter food with our neighbors and communities - and if we don't want the federal government to control our ability to provide for ourselves or our families - we must shed our indifference and find our voice.

This is one bill among MANY that have sneaked into "committee" by nefarious legislators who don't want the "unwashed masses" to know what they are doing...until it's too late.

This should scare us all.​

REally makes me wonder just "what the heck is next up their selves?" I finished my taxes thank you my tax rate 35% whY so high? I am self-employed and I have a farm(mini farm at that 15 acres) my tax rate was more this year than last year and my agi was less go figure.... Meaning I made less money but had to pay more taxes go.... we know who is paying for the bank bail out and the auto bail out and all that help everyone but the the American taxpayer bail out money ME and YOU and every average JOE out there NOT the RICH and NOT the Corporations!!!!!

This is a copy of an email I have sent to the sponsor , my state rep, who is a co-sponsor and to the 2 committees that the bill now sits in. I do not have a problem with the government protecting the health of the population, in fact, it is their constitutional mandate to do so, however I think it should be made clear that people processing food for non-profit or personal consumption are non-exempt. They could even add a provision for processing food for large non-profit events that a sign has to be posted stating the food was not processed at a federally inspected facility. In Arkansas you are suppose to do that if you are serving food not prepared by in a facility with a current health license, though they don't ever enforce it.

HR 875.:: As you may know this bill is stirring some controversy on forums and blogs around the country. Headlines like this one, taken from a forum with a large following of backyard growers of livestock and poultry, HR 875 Could Criminalize backyard Chickens & Gardening, are trying to galvanize people against this bill.

I would suggest strongly an exemption be added for people processing food for their personal use or “not for sale”. This would mean someone good still butcher an animal for a friend or relative. The bill as written doesn’t seem to provide for that, in fact, as, written, I shouldn’t even butcher a game animal for consumption. I think this bill’s intention was to prevent harmful pathogens from becoming a potentially wide spread health problem, similar to the recent peanut problem.

Since, many feel that is was this “outbreak” was the catalyst for this bills creation, we wonder why the better solution wouldn’t be the enforcement of the health laws currently available, many of which would have closed that manufacturing facility or forced them to improve their plant which , in either case, would have avoided the situation.

Well, we can not expect a dog to change it spots, so please at least consider adding the exemption for allowing the not for profit processing of food or processing of food for personal consumption exemption.

Thank you.

Mark Piper​

Back
Top Bottom