Hs Anyone bought eggs from Dancinghen in Otis Oregon on eBay?

I had two out of the 12 hatch. A little over half started developing but then crashed at various times. My eggs were placed under a broody hen. I don't like to rate a seller on hatch rate as there are just too many variables that affect the hatch that the seller has no control over. In this case I found that much of the problem stemmed from the loose air-cells. The chicks were devloping but the shifting air-cells makes proper functioning of the egg membranes extremely difficult. I realize that loose air-cells are a common problem with shipped eggs however the problem is exacerbated when the eggs are not fresh. When an egg is freshly laid the air cell is very small. Shipped that way, there is little room for it to become loose. The longer an egg sits, the larger the air cell becomes, and then the more potentially damaging a loose air cell is. In my case, I think my eggs sat for at least a week, in dry conditions, in order to have air-cells that large. The seller has many auctions going at one time and apparently cannot keep up with the demand resulting in slow shipping (9 days in my case). The complete lack of communication was why I left negative feedback. I also feel they are just trying to maximize the $ they can get from their flock and are shipping ageing eggs in order to do so. I would never buy from them again and will share my opinion with anyone that asks me about them. It is not a good way to sell eggs long term.

Hi, Sandra from Florida here. I just opened a case with eBay for exactly the reason on the same hatching eggs from the same breeder. Same M.O. as those who posted......have sent multiple messages asking for updates and inquiring about shipping status since the tracking number reveals no information. Haven't heard a word. Will be interested to know if and when you all get your eggs and if they're viable. Mine were supposed to have been shipped August 6th and delivered between the 9th and 12th.

I'm in FL and just had the same experience with the same eBay seller over the same kind of hatching eggs. My eggs were supposed to ship on August 6th and arrive between the 9th and 12th. Numerous attempts to contact the seller have produced no results. I filed a case with eBay before finding this BYC thread. The way I found the thread was that I Googled the farm name in the city, state supplied in the eBay info. There is a FaceBook page associated with the farm so I went to the site and typed a message asking the seller to contact me regarding my eBay purchase (didn't give any further or negative information). Will be interested to follow and see how we all fare with this unfortunate event.

I order from Ebay a lot and have only had one bad experience. I rely on feedback when deciding what auctions to bid on. I don't pay attention to feedback regarding hatches because that isn't fair to the seller since there are so many variables. But please give neg. feedback to sellers like this so others don't experience the same problems

yeah bro we ordered a few from Ol dancinghen....eggs packed well,nice bizz card,and decent shipping,zero communication though. Wasup maransguy? Our Marans and OE are doing great man,gotta love those green and dark brown eggs.

For real my brother I had 3 of 16 hatch...got another batch and 1 of 14 hatched,,,,while another set of eggs I ordered from another farm hatched 12 of 14.

Back
Top Bottom