http://www.adoptabirdnetwork.com/chickens-for-adoption.php

Thanks' for sharing! I did look, and most of them seem to be rooster's, and most likely will be euthanized instead of rehomed.
I'm hopeful. If even one gets adopted, it's worth the post.
It's a shame that the roosters cant generally live in suburbs. They often make nice pets.

What is this about? I'm not quite sure I've heard of this before. By adopting, do you keep the bird like adopting a dog or cat from a shelter? Or do they keep them and you pay for their feed, shelter, and other living costs? Is there a chicken pound that they're all at too?

What is this about? I'm not quite sure I've heard of this before. By adopting, do you keep the bird like adopting a dog or cat from a shelter? Or do they keep them and you pay for their feed, shelter, and other living costs? Is there a chicken pound that they're all at too?
I think it depends on the individual shelters. You would adopt the chicken, duck, etc like any other pet. I'm sure they also appreciate donations.

I think it depends on the individual shelters. You would adopt the chicken, duck, etc like any other pet. I'm sure they also appreciate donations.
Ok. Sounds interesting. I clicked on the site, but there's none in Maine by the looks.

Some dog/cat shelters take chickens who are abandoned or surrendered. Not all of them do, though.

Back
Top Bottom