Songster
9 Years
Aug 29, 2013
Rayne lousiana
593C2FE1-FF0B-4CD6-A320-60550380526E.jpeg
C16E20DF-7C8F-46AA-A0A6-0E00E9D52DD7.jpeg
CE30489D-7337-4E60-AE19-24C13E3540B3.jpeg
67D93AC0-580B-47F1-AD1D-7DFE3A79FC02.jpeg
I want to start a post about the Hubble pigeon. I find that there is little to no information on this breed and maybe there are some people out there looking for an ideal squabing pigeon, hopefully this will give them a great idea on where to start. I love this breed and it is by far in my opinion the best squabing pigeon. I’ve raised both kings and Texans and they still out produce the both of them. The Hubble comes in many different color patterns and are a very nice sized bird. They were first bred by a king breeder named Hubble ( hints the name ) and the original Hubbles were white and as the years passed, the colors were added in. So if anyone out there raises this breed please post pics of your birds and your lofts for those who have never heard of this breed. I am hoping that this will help make the Hubble a well known breed.

Thank you and Yes they sure are and even my black birds dress out with light skin so that’s another plus for the breed
I dont have pigeons.. yet..lol
Im currently researching and plan to be ready for some by spring.. hopefully. Still deciding on what I want too... are they fairly easy to process?
I do my chickens and have done turkeys but hate doing bantams cos they're just so darn little..I fear I may have trouble with pigeons for the same the reason..:oops:

I dont have pigeons.. yet..lol
Im currently researching and plan to be ready for some by spring.. hopefully. Still deciding on what I want too... are they fairly easy to process?
I do my chickens and have done turkeys but hate doing bantams cos they're just so darn little..I fear I may have trouble with pigeons for the same the reason..:oops:
I find that they are easy to process I’d rather process them then one of my Muscovys. Do u plan on raising them for squad r for the adult bird ?

I find that they are easy to process I’d rather process them then one of my Muscovys. Do u plan on raising them for squad r for the adult bird ?
Ah.. you have muskovies too? Cool.. Im wanting to raise a few of those to try the meat and see if the family likes it, then maybe raise em full time..
Im not really sure on the pigeon queation.. i was planning to get them just cos I like em.:oops:
Never eaten pigeon before so Id have to try it and see how it goes..;)

Ah.. you have muskovies too? Cool.. Im wanting to raise a few of those to try the meat and see if the family likes it, then maybe raise em full time..
Im not really sure on the pigeon queation.. i was planning to get them just cos I like em.:oops:
Never eaten pigeon before so Id have to try it and see how it goes..;)
Oh I see ,yes I also have muscovys and I think your family will really enjoy their meat as well as , the pigeons. Most people who raise squab ( young pigeons ) process them at around 4 weeks or when they feather are in under the wing and they have the most flavor and best meat at this age and as they get older the meat gets to be tougher which still makes for great gumbos or stews and even roasting.

Back
Top Bottom