Hubby just agreed to...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ChickieNikki, Mar 27, 2009.

1. ChickieNikki

ChickieNikki Chillin' With My Peeps

...using Premier 1 "PermaNet" netting/fencing for the run. We originally planned to fence in about 8000 sf of our lawn with chicken wire and metal stakes and spend a jillion dollars (well, more like $$300) for about 150 sf of fencing and posts. However, PermaNet is $175 for 164 feet, so if we buy 2 rolls, that's $350, and it's MOVABLE!!! We have 2 1/2 acres of lawn, so we could move their run every couple of weeks, which would keep them from decimating one big patch! It's PVC netting with the stakes pre-attached, it's 4' high (we're getting heavy birds), and can be electrified (we live in a rural area, so if necessary, we could certainly sell it). I'm loving this project! He's actually talking about making a bigger coop since we could have more chickens with such a big run! WOW!!!!!!! He actually said he "LOVED" this fence---that's the first time he's LOVED anything chicken related (and we haven't even gotten the birds yet!

Here's a link to it...it's really cool stuff!

http://www.premier1supplies.com/detail.php?prod_id=20170&cat_id=118

2. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    That is some cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by