Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

Hello! I am so excited that I found a thread that is local. I am new to chickens and ducks. I have 12 chickens and 6 Pekins. Learning so much from this site.

Hello! I am so excited that I found a thread that is local. I am new to chickens and ducks. I have 12 chickens and 6 Pekins. Learning so much from this site.
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome! I love your dogs, I take it they guard your flock? Pyrs or Maremmas? I'm new also, and don't have my chickens yet, still in planning/learning stages. The others here have some good experience and advice, and are really nice! (Hey that rhymes...)

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome! I love your dogs, I take it they guard your flock? Pyrs or Maremmas? I'm new also, and don't have my chickens yet, still in planning/learning stages. The others here have some good experience and advice, and are really nice! (Hey that rhymes...)
Welcome zzack! Your dogs are quite beautiful. This is a great site full of information and fun people. How old are your chickens? Where did you get them? By the way...we love to see pictures of coops, chickens, dogs, and ducks (just sayin').
wink.png

I'm from New Windsor. I have 13 chickens...assorted breeds...none of them laying yet. They're approximately 13 weeks old. I'm thinking about changing my user name to Dying for Eggs because I'm beside myself with anticipation.

Happy Weekend,

Lisa

Welcome!!! What breed of chickens/ducks do you have?
Right now i have 18 chickens,15 chicks and 3 muscovy ducks! Well and 3 dogs, a lizard and 6 rabbits lol
BYC is a great place for info! Iv been on here.for years and am still learning!

Hi All! Welcome zzack! I should be in cleaning my house ... but here I sit with the chickens, they are horrible for my procrastination issues. Lol I've been reading the processing posts with interest...but I know that I won't be able to do that. I've gotten way too attached. Now, if I HAD to do it, to feed my family...then I'd muster the courage. But right now for me, it would be like cooking up one of my dogs or . Lol My issues. Argh...for some reason, every time I try to upload a pic I get booted from the page. Annoying.

Same here! We are counting down. Cant wait for eggs! Both the chickens and ducks are about 12 weeks old. We got them from the Tractor Supply.
Mine are about the same age I think. We bought them in early March but I can't remember the exact date. They're from Tractor Supply and The Natural Pet Center in Gardiner. The man at TSC told us they'd start laying in August but I'm hoping for earlier. I'm not the most patient person. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I'd never tried a fresh egg. DoubleC (aka Laura) and I made an egg deal in the Quick Check parking lot! Needless to say, they were delicious and I don't ever want to buy another carton of eggs from Adams, Shoprite or Price Chopper ever again!

Back
Top Bottom