Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

My eggs mostly come from NPIP breeders from here or other places online. It's hard to find variety in this area, especially the more exotic stuff.

Hi Cutipatooti,

I hope you had a great weekend! I will have to do more research on the different breeds. Our Danica lays a dark coppery colored egg. She is such a sweetie. She was the first girl out of all our chicks last year to lay an egg. She did not know what was happening and laid it outside why she was walking. Luckily I was able to scoop it up before the other girls all came over to inspect it since it broke. Thankfully today it is beautiful out, cool and not humid like the weekend. Enjoy the rest of your day! Best regards, Martha

Hi everyone! I have not been on here in ages... so busy. I hope everyone's birds and gardens are healthy and abundant.

I am wondering if anyone may have a bantam chick or two that they are looking to rehome/sell? A friend's broodies just won't quit and I think it is time for the chick fairy to visit the nest to break them.

Also, anyone looking for button quail or cot quail eggs? I have about a dozen a week of each that I could part with.

Hello Hudson Valley Chicken People,
I imagine this has been asked before:
One of my chicks has become a rooster and I do not have the means to keep him. He is a 14 week old speckled sussex. Beautiful! Anyone out there want him or know someone who could take him? Thanks so much for your help!!

Hi everyone! Hope all is well! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in some Ancona/Rouen ducklings. My Ancona hatched a clutch of 16 eggs! They're only 2 weeks old right now, and I think I'm going to start selling them around 4 weeks old. They're located in Putnam Valley. Thanks!

I just posted in the ny thread....but I don't mind restating that after my last hatch, I have a few roosters in need of revoking. They are 4 weeks old and unusual kinds. Necked neck, blue favacuana, barred Cochin, heritage Dominique and a barred olive egger. No fee need....just a loving home. I just can't seem to go there and give them to a friend who will cook them. I also don't mind hanging on until they are older. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts or interest. A friend mention a place in NJ that is a sanctuary for roosters.

Hi, new to this thread. I'm thinking about moving to the hudson valley, maybe Athans maybe. I want a chicken friendly town. Any advise? Thanks.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom