Hudson Valley NY In search of female goose!!

Phillyndilly

Songster
5 Years
Aug 8, 2018
Hudson Valley, NY
Hello all I’m located in the Hudson valley NY and I desperately need a female goose. We rescued a lone male who was dumped on an acquaintance’s property. We have 2 ganders already. We tried getting a female for Bruce but after being assured we were being sold two females it actually ended up being a female/ male pair.
Poor Bruce is all alone I will travel within reason but I’m wondering if anyone can help me at all?
I’m worried about him.

Attachments

• 63D7093C-F3DB-4DF1-A2C7-5EFEAC83F5ED.jpeg
    63D7093C-F3DB-4DF1-A2C7-5EFEAC83F5ED.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Have you checked your state forum? Bless his heart I hope you can find him a girl friend.
I did briefly it looks like only chickens are for sale :( in the recent posts but maybe I should post there too.
Have you checked Craiglist looks like there are a few geese for sale currently.

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/search/sss?sort=rel&query=Geese
Best of luck!
Thank you! Yes I’ve been periodically checking but only pairs or males have been for sale. I also just checked when you sent the link there’s a new post about 3 buff geese, 2 female and one male but will only sell together so I’m assuming they are already bonded.

I did briefly it looks like only chickens are for sale :( in the recent posts but maybe I should post there too.

Thank you! Yes I’ve been periodically checking but only pairs or males have been for sale. I also just checked when you sent the link there’s a new post about 3 buff geese, 2 female and one male but will only sell together so I’m assuming they are already bonded.

That's a shame, they look absolutely stunning too, I've Never seen a Tufted Buff before.

You can also post "Goose Wanted" on Craiglist, I've gotten a few Call ducks that way.

That's a shame, they look absolutely stunning too, I've Never seen a Tufted Buff before.

You can also post "Goose Wanted" on Craiglist, I've gotten a few Call ducks that way.
Great idea! I know aren’t they so pretty?! I think they are gorgeous too I’ve never seen those either . If there’s a male with them it always makes me a bit nervous though how he’ll react to my current males the new one and my other male are very sweet and I don’t want them to get beat up. My other one is a bully so he could use a little it of a beating haha! I messaged the person anyway but I feel like people are never honest and just want to get rid of whatever they are posting unfortunately..

Back
Top Bottom