HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT - BYC SOFTWARE CONVERSION Tuesday 1/10/2012

sunny & the 5 egg layers :

Hey Emily! Nice to see ya!
frow.gif

Hey there Sunny!
frow.gif

Quote:
Yes, definitely check out the sister sites during the downtime here!​

I'm realizing that there is some confusion that we aren't allowing any "bidding" on the new system, so I adjusted my post on the first page:

One of the tradeoffs with the new system (and there are a few things we had to give up in exchange for all the great things above) is a change in our auctions system. We won't have the automated proxy bidding like we have now, but we're working on some workarounds. Members will be able to place "bids", but they will be done as replies to a topic vs. as proxy bids as they are now. We hope to be able to bring back proxy bidding as an option in the future.

Again, we strongly request that peeps postpone judgements until everyone has a chance to play and become familiar with the new system.

Quote:
I'm excited for the new BYC! I was only nervous about the auction changes, but I'm happy to see this clarification. Will give it a try!
wee.gif

I am SO excited to hear this! I was just looking at the forum layout the other day and wondering if it was time for an upgrade! Can't wait... I'm sure it will be awesome. Sounds like a great time to upgrade to a GFM!

wee.gif

Quote:
I agree with this. Some things were frustrating at first, but once your learning curve is over, you will all see what a vast improvement the new system is. I mean, it SERIOUSLY rocks.

Quote:
I agree with this. Some things were frustrating at first, but once your learning curve is over, you will all see what a vast improvement the new system is. I mean, it SERIOUSLY rocks.

thumbsup.gif
(Where's that like button....
lol.png
)

Back
Top Bottom