Huge area exposed ***UPDATE 1/20/14***PICTURES

As long as there is no smell/red inflamed areas/swelling,do not worry. Wound is healing as the tissue is starting to grow/fill in. Looks clean,i see no swelling or redness/inflammation,keep doing what you have been. Yellow appears to be where a deep puncture was and is probably tissue healing.

Thank you ten chicks!!! That is giving me hope!!! She is peppy and hasn't stopped laying eggs!!!

Wow! She's still laying eggs? You must be taking good care of her.
FYI, That area will eventually close, but it will not regrow feathers.
After it completely closes, when you reintroduce her to the flock, keep an eye on her, because it may upset the pecking order.

Wow! She's still laying eggs? You must be taking good care of her.
FYI, That area will eventually close, but it will not regrow feathers.
After it completely closes, when you reintroduce her to the flock, keep an eye on her, because it may upset the pecking order.
Good point,a chicken saddle will help with that.

Thank you, redhen689, I appreciate that!!! It's under wing, on her body, so they may not be able to see it since her wing covers the whole thing. That is my hope.... and thank you for letting me know it will not regrow feathers, so I know what to look for once it's sealed up!

ten chicks, as for the chicken saddle, I never knew they existed and they seem great!!! I wonder if it will cover the area, I can always add more material to go down under the wing! Thank you!

Looking good! She must be doing well of she's still laying for you.

Thank you, I appreciate you looking at it for me! Yeah, she hasn't stopped laying... she is happy! She's in my bathroom where she has a dog crate with straw plenty of food and water. She can walk around, however she wants to be with the others, they come by the bathroom window and they call to each other some.

Please share with me what you think....is it getting better?

I am still using neosporin, but she likes to eat it
idunno.gif
so that is why there are blood spots. I am having a company off here, make me a chicken saddle to go over her wings to make it harder for her to do that...but it won't cover the wound. I hope that will help.

I think it looks good--just a little moist down at the lower right, but overall pretty good. I have made some pretty good jackets out of an 8"X8" piece of polar fleece, and just cutting 2 wing slits about 2 inches long. It is stretchy and doesn't need hemming or elastic. You can just trim off any excess once it's on her. That would probably cover her wound. You could practice on an old T-shirt to get the size and wing slits positioned right.

Back
Top Bottom