1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Huge egg comment by customer

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ldemmert, Mar 28, 2011.

1. ldemmert

ldemmert Out Of The Brooder

While examining a dozen lovely fresh brown eggs, 4 of which were so large they didn't fit in the carton (I taped it shut), Mr. Customer said, "I'd better get those big ones in the refrigerator fast before they hatch." Say what? He appeared to believe that bigger eggs mean closer to hatching. Really? I think he was absent they day they taught science.

2. Emmalion

Emmalion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    [​IMG] now thats too funny

3. ralleia

ralleia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am almost certain that the person was just joking. I've encounter a LOT of chicken ignorance before, but that would take the cake. [​IMG]

4. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, Shucks, doesn't Everybody KNOW that eggs GROW after they've been laid ???

How else would something as BIG as a Chicken come out of a "little-bitty" EGG?

(The Customer is ALWAYS RIGHT !!! )

Ha-Ha !!! (walking away with Money-In-Hand.....) [​IMG] [​IMG]
    -Junkmanme- [​IMG]

5. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I hope they were joking. Cause that will take the cake if not. I don't know what to say. [​IMG]

6. lichick28

lichick28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
    When I asked a guy in TSC what type of chicks were in a container the guy said "Long legged bantams" I thought I didnt hear right so asked him to repeat the name & he said long legged bantams again. I couldnt believe that some one that worked in TSC selling chicks every day would say some thing like that. I asked how long he worked there & his reply was 12 years!

7. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Quote:One of the guys at my local feedstore tried to sell me "spotted marans". [​IMG]

8. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] okay city slicker I hope he was joking

9. ldemmert

ldemmert Out Of The Brooder

Don't think so. He looked pretty serious to me.
    Quote:

10. Omani

Omani Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Machias,NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    That's the best one yet!
    OMG..my cheeks hurt from laughing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by