Huge Egg! UPDATE: Photo of contents

WOW! I had a few huge ones laid by a newby a while ago..but they were all single yolkers just big. This week I got a 120 gram egg from one of my ducks. I showed it to a friend today and they asked if it would be a double yolker..I said I didnt know- they said I should try and hatch it- but now after seeing this...I might just open it to see what is inside.

Phage. Thats an incredible image. Hope you get some response from readers/ members here. I would offer to send any but customs wouldnt let them through I am sure.

Quote:
that is an amazing picture, I would like to see more of your work! I would send you some eggs at various stages of incubation but as I am in Australia, customs would not allow it.

I've have gotten 4 eggs this year from a large fowl ameraucana that have been over 100 grams. They have all been double yolkers. The first time I found one it wouldn't rollout of the nest box so I had to alter the system to accomodate these jumbonormous eggs. The last two came less than a week apart. If they all laid eggs of these proportions I wouldn't care if they only laid every other day.

Quote:
that is an amazing picture, I would like to see more of your work! I would send you some eggs at various stages of incubation but as I am in Australia, customs would not allow it.

Thanks for the thought. That would have been awesome!

Back
Top Bottom