HUGE egg!

You've got yourself a good hen there Rooster Red!
smile.png

My RIR's have laid big ones too. I don't know if you can see to well, but in my avitar there is a regular large egg and a huge one. My large eggs weigh about 50g and the huge one weighed about 80g. I call the huge ones baby Hughie!!!!

My older hens have begun laying whoppers as a routine now. As they get older, they tend to lay larger eggs as a rule. Mine are occasionally double yolkers, but not always. Sometimes it just has a HUGE yolk.

haha when my BRs started laying, i found 3 eggs one day. 2 the size of a loonie ($1 dollar coin incase you dont know what im talking about) and one egg as big as that one! and it had indents on it, like the girl had a hard time getting it out! it was only one yolk though!
I get the biggies quite often now, mixed in with the small eggs.

Its been 6 days since the first really big egg, and we've gotten 6 big eggs from Agatha.
Looks like she's going to lay them this size from now on.
Her sister, Penny, is also laying these now.
woot.gif

What causes an egg to be a double-yoker? I have 11 pullets, the 1st one laid 9/16, yesterday was the 1st time I got 11 eggs, today was 8, in this month only 1 was a double and I've always wondered why it happens?

Last edited:
001.jpg

I have had two double yokers since Sept. I really thought this one would be a triple....but not. It looked like two eggs fused together.
She has not laid another like it.....

Back
Top Bottom