HUGE fight with neighbor mostly abt peaccocks; vent

Do you have a barn or large covered pen/run that you can use to trap the peafowl in?
Then you could just take them all to the auction in Modesto, Roseville, or where ever is closest to you.
If he says they were his peafowl, just look him in the eye and tell him they were yours, just like he said the fence was his!
Otherwise..... SSS. Of course I mean the peafowl, not the neighbor.
wink.png

Good luck,

Chel

You know what ....

Peafowl eggs sell for a nice tidy sum. You should build a run. Once the peacocks are on your property if you can lure them in the 'chicken pen'
wink.png
lock them up.

If they come looking for them call the sheriff and deal with it from there.

If they don't seem to care and don't come after them collect the eggs when they begin to lay and sell them.

Use the money to build a higher fence.

ha, ha, I was just out doing chores Miss Prissy and Eggchel and in my barn I have an empty standard horse pen 4 rail 12x12 with attached 2x4 wire all around, that I use for emergencies and so on, on one side is some stacked wood and the other is hay. I was out there looking for ways that would completely hide what I would put in there, I would put a top on it of course. I could be wrong, but I believe they are done laying for now, maybe penned peafowl behave differently than a feral flock, but this group seems to lay, set and hatch all about the same time. This year only one baby made it, its about 2 mos old, I have had opportunities every day to catch it b/c its stupid, I don't think trapping several will be a problemm transporting them, well, I guess thats why they make horse trailers!

chickensandmore I don't know when you grew up in Tulare county, but I bet Springville hasn't changed a bit! Apple Fest this wk-end!

I use to have a wackie neighbor way back when. Rude and ignorant people but the kids tried to have manners at least with me (they liked my cooking).

One day he pushed me too far so I waited till they were all home and I stood on the property line with flour and lite white candles and put a ring of flour around me and mumbled and moved the candles around and when the kids came out and asked what I was doing I told them I was putting a spell on their parents you should of heard them running to the house. Funny thing, I never had any more problems with those neighbors. Can you just imagine that.

Back
Top Bottom